Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I cured Hepatitis C; 34 years old; Genotype 1a

Age: 34
Sex: Male 
From: New York
Genotype: 1a
Acute or Chronic: Acute
Cured Hep C: YES!!
Treatment Length: 24 weeks 
Treatment used: Interferon and Ribavirin 

Nearly two and a half years ago when I heard of my HIV and Hepatitis C diagnosis; I was terrified. As if having HIV alone was not a frightening diagnosis I was dealt a double whammy.  I was what is called co-infected, or what I like to call co-diagnosed. I was more scared hearing my HEP C diagnosis and the treatment that would ensue, than I was hearing that I had HIV.  I knew about HIV, but I knew nothing about Hepatitis C.

How could I have gotten Hepatitis C?  Hepatitis C only happens to IV drug users and Celebrities like Pamela Anderson and Naomi Judd. This is how I related to Hepatitis C.  Though I did in the past experiment with recreational drugs, I never stuck a needle in my arm to do them. How did this happen to me?

This co-infection has become an epidemic in New York City and other places around the World, and it's occuring more in people who are NOT IV drug users. It is happening through those engaging in unsafe sex, spreading just as HIV does. 20 -25 percent of people infected with HIV are also infected with Hepatitis C, conversely 5-10 percent diagnosed with Hepatitis C are also co-diagnosed with HIV.   Nearly 4 million people in the United States alone are infected with HEP C and 1 in 5 people do not even know it.  Just as with HIV you can prevent, it and be tested for it, and you too can have a chance at curing it Hepatitis C, unlike HIV - which there is currently no cure for. The key is catching it early to give you the best chance possible at curing it.

After 9 months since starting Hep C treatment (3 months post treatment), finally a happy day. I received my numbers for my 3 month follow up post Hepatitis C treatment, and the Hepatits C is gone, it has been cured! At week 6 into treatment I went from a Hep C VL of 7 million to undectable and have remained that way.  At the end of treatment my CD4 was 240,  my platelets were very low, and my wbc had dropped at one point to 1.0 and is now 3.0.  My HIV remained undectable throughout treatment, and still is today.  

Thankfully, my numbers are on the rebound. My CD4 has gone from 240 right after hep C treatment to 311 three months later, and is expected to keep climbing. My WBC was 2.0 after treatment and is now 3.0, My AST/ALT (liver function tests) once off the chart, are now in the 20's (normal), kidneys are functioning fine, and my platelet count is back to normal.  It's amazing how everyday I am feeling better and better.

This news came with cautious elation Why? Because 6 months post treatment is the final indicator of viral clearance/cure, but my doctor said I could celebrate with this last test.  Also, i know not everyone is as fortuneate as I to have caught there Hep C early, to even treat it, and further, cure it.  For many the battle with HEP C is life long.  So, while my case was a success story, I keep in mind all of you who are currently fighting Hepatitis C. With emerging new that will be less toxic with shorter treatment times, cure rates will be a certainty for most and I will be just one of hundreds of thousands cured. Stay strong, hang in there, this to shall pass.

To everyone:  If you do not know your Hepatitis C status I URGE you to get tested. Type in your zip code below and find a testing location near you. Many of the places that offer free HIV Testing will also offer Hepatitis C testing or be able to refer you to a place that does.  Visit http://www.aids.gov/ to find a test location near you.

If you would like to contact me privately you may do so: just e mail icuredHepC@gmail.com

Also, if you have cured Hepatitis C join us 'dragon slayers' on Facebook and on twitter:

TWITTER 
FACEBOOK


3 comments:

  1. Health wise, I feel like a child dancing in the rain ever since I got cured of hepatitis. I was diagnosed of HEPATITIS B and I was told it has no cure at the hospital, but I was given several antiviral medications to slow the virus’s ability to damage liver. But after sometime the medicine wasn't working and I became very sick with different symptoms like: vomiting, fatigue, dark urine, swollen stomach and so on. I went back to the hospital and I was told it has become chronic with liver problem, and out of frustration I went online to search for something new to try, and I came across Dr. IYABIYE's recommendation, I gave it a try hence it's a herbal medicine. And behold, I was cured after the treatment. I have to wait for months then went back to the hospital and still I was tested negative. You too will be cured. Contact: (Whatsapp: +2348072229413 or +2348158577300) iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers..

    ReplyDelete